Bubble Wrap Calendar DIY
Hiya friends! The last Monday in January is always National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day! What’s so amazing about bubble wrap, you say? Not only does it protect your packages but it’s super fun to pop when you’re done!
How can you celebrate this super national day? By creating a bubble wrap calendar! A bubble wrap calendar is super fun because you can pop the days as they go by! To create your very own you’ll need:
- 12 sheets of 8 ½ x 11 card stock paper in the color of your choice
- A word processing program like Microsoft Word and a printer
- 12 feet of large sized bubble wrap
First, create your template. Flip your page to the “landscape” format, and then put your month name at the top. The easiest way to create your calendar is by inserting a table from your menu above. Just follow these steps:
- Go to Insert – Table: it should be 8 columns and 5 rows.
- Select your entire table and on the Layout table select a height of 1 inch and a width of 1 inch. You can also get rid of your border boxes if you’d like. Just click over to the Design tab and remove the borders via the Borders option.
- Next, plus in your days of the week at the top, and your dates below. You may want to add in dates special for your family. Print your calendar.
- Decorate your calendar as you wish and then use your scissors to cut a piece of bubble wrap to fit over your calendar and glue in place.
If may take a little bit of finagling to get it lined up just right but you’ll want to try to get a bubble on each of your date squares but the effort will be worth it! Enjoy your pop-able 2017! Did you do this DIY? Be sure to post your creation on my Facebook page!