Paula’s Favorite Sewing Patterns for January!
Hiya friends and fellow crafters! January is National Hobby Month and so I wanted to share a few things that would keep you crafting. Since sewing is my favorite hobby, I wanted to share out some new free patterns to sew this month that I stumbled upon.
Hand Tool Softies
I’ve seen a bit of a trend popping up on Pinterest right now. Fabric tools are gaining popularity as a simple softie sewing pattern to craft up. What are some of my favorites? This fabric hammer is sew perfect for baby! What little tike wouldn’t enjoy a fun fabric tool to play with and to “help” around the house! Need something small to add to the tool box? Try this fun little pattern for fabric screws! Want to create more tools? Use a simple outline like the one here to print out your own pattern. Just fill it with a little bit of stuffing and pellets to make the perfect softie!
Winter Animal Patterns
Hmmm…let me see…what animals do I think of when I think about winter? They’d be perfect for sewing patterns! What would you include on this list?
- Owls are an amazing winter animal addition. This free pattern will get you started. Use whatever fun and funky fabric you like!
- Foxes running through snow are always a fun winter scene! That’s why they’re a great winter animal softie to create. Click here for an easy pattern to get you started.
- Oh dear! What could be a list of winter animals without a deer? Click here for a simple sewing pattern.
- A cardinal is the perfect sewing pattern to pop against a snowy scene! Click here for an easy peasy pattern.
- No winter animal pattern list would be complete without penguins! I’ve found a cute pattern to complete your crafting; just click here.
I hope this list helps you create some amazing crafts this weekend! If you need any plastic pellets for your stuffing just click the link below. As always, I love seeing your finished work; be sure to post pictures on my Facebook page!