DIY Guide to Fabric Dolls
Hiya friends! Did you know my Quality Plastic Pellets are the perfect filling for fabric dolls? They pour super easily into tiny fabric hands and feet and create the perfect weighted friend!
Doll Patterns Online
So where can you find the very best pattern to start off your new creation? I’ve got a few resources to check!
- First, have you considered having your child create the pattern for their own doll? Make it really fun by having them draw your family members then use my helpful instructions to create your pattern!
- Find a quick and easy pattern on my Pinterest board! I’ve scoured the web to find some super examples for you to start on.
- AllCrafts is also a great source for free, print-able patterns!
Sewing newbies will find a lot of super easy, free patterns plus resources to help you along in my learning to sew guide.
Proper Pellet Amounts for Your Patterns
Once you’ve picked your perfect pattern, it’s time to ponder what amount of plastic pellets
you need to procure! A standard 10-12 inch doll should take about 2 cups of plastic pellets, however, every doll is special so I’ve included some sample amounts below.
- A small doll that fits in an adult’s hand will only take about a cup of plastic pellets.
- A wider doll or one that has long limbs will take about 3 cups.
Of course, my plastic pellets provide weight which helps with therapeutic purposes. If you’re seeking to provide a specific weight for your new friend just check out my guide to plastic pellet weights.
If you are concerned about making your new friend too hefty or just want to add on some soft spots I recommend balancing your plastic pellet fill with a plushy fiber fill, cotton batting, or fabric shreds.
I hope this helps you crafting! Remember to post pictures of your new friends on my Facebook page, and if you need Quality Plastic Pellets for this or any other craft, just click the link below.