DIY Fabric Frisbee
Hiya friends! I’ve heard a few of you are ready for one last summer craft, so I put my thinking cap on and drew up my guide to creating your own fabric Frisbee.
Fabric Frisbee Guide
Fabric Frisbees are perfect for outdoor fun and they’re easy peasy to make. To create yours, you’ll need:
- About a half yard of fabric (the sturdier the better!)
- Needle and thread for hand stitching
- About a cup of Quality Plastic Pellets
- A paper plate
- Measuring tape
- A Fabric marker
Let’s get started! Take your paper plate and mark out two circles on your fabric, and cut them out. Pin these together inside out, and stitch them together leaving a 2 inch opening. Flip them back with the good side out. Next, mark a smaller circle 2 inches from the edges in the middle. Stitch this circle shut. What you have right now is kind of like a flat donut without a hole.
The next step is filling your Frisbee with plastic pellets. Since you stitched the circle in the middle shut, your pellets should move freely throughout the Frisbees outer ring. Once your plastic pellets are in place use your needle and threat to close the 2 inch gap. You’re done! Wasn’t that a quick craft?
Fabric Frisbee Games
There are several fun games you can play with your fabric Frisbee:
- Try setting up a new plastic trash can as a “goal” and see how many you can get in.
- Combine Frisbee and Bocce! You’ll need multiple, different-colored fabric Frisbees for this one. Everyone stands in a line and one player rolls a small ball out; it can be a tennis ball or baseball. Then, the players take turns tossing their Frisbees out, trying to land on the ball. Whoever gets closest to the ball wins the round!
- Hang hula hoops from a tree and toss them in!
- Set up a stack of 3 cans or cups and toss away!
I hope you enjoy this fun plastic pellet craft! If you have other fun ideas for Frisbee games I’d love to hear about them on my Facebook page! As always, if you need to purchase my Quality Plastic Pellets for this or any other craft, just click the link below.