Working Out With Weighted Exercise Bags
Hi there friends! I hope everyone’s had a spectacular week. I heard back from a few of you who said that you enjoyed the weighted exercise bags DIY I posted last week and that’s super! If you’re one of those that got your craftiness going by doing my DIY then boy do I have a new blog for you! Here’s my rundown of exercises to do while working out with weighted exercise bags.
Legs Exercises with Weighted Ankle Bags
Get ready to lift those legs! To tone your legs with your weighted exercise bags, just strap on your ankle bags and try these:
- Lie down on your side and lift your leg up towards the sky. Try doing a few sets of 15 then flip over to do the other side. Bend the knee at a 90 degree angle for another form.
- Spread out a towel or exercise mat to cushion your knees and get down on all fours. Now, lift one foot up towards the sky. Try adding another level by pulling your leg out straight after lifting, then tucking it back in before placing your knee back down on the mat.
- Sit in a chair with your back straight. Now flex both legs out straight forming an “L” with your seated body. Hold your legs up for 30 seconds, then place back on the ground.
Arm Exercises with Weighted Wrist Bags
Weighted exercise bags are just tops for toning arms. Here are several ideas to get you started. You can start any of these while standing with feet flat on the ground or while sitting in a chair.
- Extend your arms straight out and rotate your arms, palms up then palms down. Next, try adding some mini circles in the mix. Try doing this for a minute, then for a few minutes once you’ve built up stamina.
- Hold your arms straight out front of you with your palms down. Now move your arms up by your ears and hold them high, your palms facing the sky. Make big circles with your arms as you swing them down back to the center where you started.
- Put up your dukes! Hold your arms out in front of you at a 90 degree angle while making fists. Now, make punching motions into the air. Try a combination of fast and slow air jabs.
Cardio with Weighted Exercise Bags
Cardio exercises get your heart pumping! For these I’d recommend wrapping up your weighted ankle weights and walking a few laps at a brisk pace. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
If you created water-safe weighted exercise bags then a fun idea is put on both your ankle and wrist bags and pop into the shallow end of the pool. You’ll want the water to be no higher than your chest. You’ll want to get your cardiovascular system going by doing some high knees. Hold your arms out to mid torso and lift your knee up to pat your hand, then alternate knees. Make sure you keep your back nice and straight!
I hope this helps you get moving this week! Do you have any other ideas or did you craft up your own weighted exercise bags? I’d love to see pictures of your finished objects! Just post them on my Facebook page.