Online Resources for Learning Crafting
How is everybody’s National Hobby Month going? I’m having such a blast this month talking about new hobbies and sharing resources on learning. I’ve chatted quite a bit about learning to sew, which I think is great because everyone should be able to make a weighted blanket if they want to. However, some of my friends said that they want to think outside their sewing basket this month and pick up something totally new. Just for you fine folks I gathered together a little list of some amazing online resources for learning crafting.
- Fiber crafter-wannabes such as knitters, crocheters, and weavers will love
websites like Craft Yarn Council’s, Learn To Knit, Weaving Today and Yarnspirations. Many yarn manufacturers also feature teaching tools on their sites. Red Heart and Lion Brand have excellent beginner tutorials for knitting and crocheting.
- Want to start recording your memories for generations to come? Try your hand at scrapbooking this year! Going far beyond the photo album basics of years past, websites like Everything About Scrapbooking and Scrapbook will show you how to use all the neat tools and embellishments to create a thoughtful work of art!
- Beading jewelry is a great craft to hone! If this sounds like the best fit for your new hobby then check out All Free Jewelry Making or Beading Jewelry 101.
- If you’re searching for a new hobby that is as delicious as it is visually appealing then try baking and cake decorating! Epicurious has some great video tutorials and step-by-step guides that will help you create culinary masterpieces!
- Craft painting signs, canvases, and household items is an immensely popular hobby right now that everyone in the family can enjoy. Websites from Plaid and The Virtual Instructor are a good jumping off point for learning to paint.
Don’t have a feel yet for what you want to start doing? Websites like Craftsy, About, All Crafts, HobbyLobby and HGTV contain tips for a multitude of different crafts you can try, or check out my Pinterest board on starting new hobbies. And remember, I always have detailed instructions for weighted crafts you can create using my Quality Plastic Pellets in my blogs such as weighted teddy bears or weighted vests. Check them out today!
I hope this helps you get your creative juices flowing this month! If I missed a hobby that you think will make you happy, be sure to tell me on my Facebook page!