5 Uses for a Weighted Vest
When you get your bag of plastic pellets in the mail, the first thing you’ll notice is their weight. They may be small, but when you use enough of them in a craft or sewing project they can really add significant weight. One popular use for plastic pellets is a weightedvest. Weighted vests are vests with pockets that contain weighted bags that can be filled with plastic pellets, and can be adjusted depending on your needs. Some of them look just like the vest I like to wear; some of them have a lot more pockets!
Here are five of the best reasons I have found to use weighted vests:
- Weighted vests can help people with hyperactivity tendencies to focus
- Some people love to be up and moving around, always doing something and are easily distracted! Wearing a weighted vest can add some extra stimulation, helping people focus on tasks and improving on their sensory information. This especially helps children that are hyperactive or have autism.
- Weighted vests can help calm people with autism
- Vests, unlike other forms of weighted items, are portable and easy to incorporate into your wardrobe. A vest can be used in school and at work to add extra stimulation, they provide the right amount of weight for a better deep pressure feedback.
- Weighted vests make an exercise workout more intense
- People with sports injuries have a hard time getting in enough exercise. Adding a weighted vest helps because you can still do the workout with limited movement, but you can make it as intense as you want it to be by increasing the weight.
- Weighted vests add variation to a work out
- When you are working out, you have to gradually change your exercise routine. Otherwise, your body will get used to the same workout and you will not see the same results. Putting on a weighted vest makes your body constantly adjust to something new the whole time, which can improve your overall efforts!
- Weighed vests are adjustable!
- One of the best things about weighted vests is the fact you can make them as heavy or as light as you want! Weigh out each bag, and then add them as you need for your workouts or their therapeutic benefits. You choose how much you want!
Weighted vests have a great deal of practical uses, from the gym to the office; so it’s a great idea to make one for yourself! You can order some quality plastic pellets to fill your weighted bags and start making your own vest.
That reminds me, it looks like I may want to add some pockets to my vest. I have some sewing to do! What else do you use plastic pellets for? Share your ideas with all of us on our Facebook page.blog comments powered by Disqus