How to make a travel neck pillow with Quality Plastic Pellets
Hello again, everyone! My name is Paula, and I love to travel! I know it often requires a long trip on a plane or in a car. Sometimes I develop neck pain when I travel and you will too if you are not properly supporting your neck, especially, when sitting for long periods in uncomfortable chairs. Fortunately, it is pretty simple to make your own neck pillow using Quality Plastic Pellets.
What you’ll need to make an 11x 14 neck pillow
- A piece of fabric a little over twice as large as your finished pillow will be
- 3 lbs of Quality Plastic Pellets will make a pillow approximately 11 x 14 inches
How to make your Quality Plastic Pellet Neck Pillow
- Fold the fabric in half with the right sides together.
- Make your pattern – Draw a U-shape a little bigger than the finished neck pillow will be.
- Cut out both layers of fabric and pin them together.
- Sew the layers of the neck pillow together, leaving an opening in the outer edge of the pillow. We are making a stuffed pillow, so all you will need is an opening about three inches long to add the Quality Plastic pellets.
- You want to make sure you get a nice curve on your pillow, so cut a few notches in the seam allowance to allow for a smooth bend. Make sure you do not cut too deep and go through the stitching to leave a hole!
- Once you are done stitching, turn the fabric inside out, and then fill the pillow with the pellets. It might help to use a funnel for this.
- Tuck in the edges of the pillow, and then sew them together to close the whole thing up. You want to make sure the stitching is tight so none of the pellets come out!
Some things to consider when making your neck pillow:
- Choose a fabric that is comfortable for you. It is going to be on your neck for a while, so you want to make sure you love the way the fabric feels.
- Make sure the fabric is washable. Items made with plastic pellets should be washed in cold water on the gentle cycle. They should not be put in the dryer.
- Consider adding a scent! Little scented potpourri packs or oils can either help rock you to sleep as you are riding or keep you awake to get through a good book.
Using Quality Plastic Pellets for the filling offers excellent neck support. The pellets will conform to the shape of your neck, shoulders, and your seat, adding in a little extra comfort to your journey. Quality Plastic Pellets are also hypo allergenic!
I just love to see your finished products – so if you make one of these pillows, share it with all of us on our Facebook page! And if you are not friends with us on our Facebook page, what are you waiting for?
Have safe (and comfortable) travels!
blog comments powered by Disqus